Expertise in vulnerability and consequence analysis, business continuity, crisis management, compliance, supply chain continuity and litigation support. Principal, Logical Management Systems, Corp.
M.Ed., Counseling and Guidance, UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS, El Paso, Texas
B.S., Criminology, INDIANA STATE UNIVERSITY, Terre Haute, Indiana
Project Management, Business Continuity Planning, PRICEWATERHOUSECOOPERS, LLP
Project management with experience in business and government applications.
Skilled in using Total Quality Management (TQM) principles and practices.
International corporate management consultant. Key player in developing business solutions for Fortune 500 clients worldwide. Direct and manage cross-functional teams in large, complex consulting engagements, often in highly sensitive settings. Able to assess business risks, provide implementation and change strategies, develop methodologies and best practices designed to afford world class technical/operational support. Regularly generate policies and standards for clients. Strong risk management and assessment experience. Significant experience with data-driven service industries involving defining and improving processes involving complex technology readiness and resilience issues.
ACTIVE ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIPS
Business Resumption Planners Association, Association of Former Intelligence Officers, Union League Club of Chicago
TOPICS FOR SPEAKING, WRITING, AND CONSULTING
Crisis Management, Business Continuity Planning, Security Issues, Training, Simulations, Human Resource Issues, Workplace Violence, Vulnerability Assessments, Regulatory Compliance Issues, Cargo Security, Global Instability Issues.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
Regularly present Continuing Professional Education (CPE) programs and seminars.
"It Can't Happen Here: All Hazards Crisis Management Planning," PennWell, 1993
"The Emergency Management Planning Handbook," McGraw-Hill 1995
"The Emergency Management Planning Handbook," McGraw-Hill Spanish Edition, 1998
"Integrated Business Continuity: Maintaining Resilience in Uncertain Times," PennWell, 2003
Over 100 published articles, papers and presentations (complete list available upon request) most recent articles and notable presentations are:
- The Financial Side of Crisis, 5th Annual Seminar on Crisis Management and Risk Communication, American Petroleum Institute, 1994
- Plan and Practice, Contingency Planning and Management, Vol. II, No 3; March 1997
- All Hazards Crisis Management Planning, Airport Professional, Issue 8, 1999, The Airport Mobility Network Group
- Statement for the Congressional Record, 1999; Chemical Industry Vulnerability: An Overview of Potential Year 2000 Vulnerability Issues & Chemical Industry Preparedness
- Business Continuity & Crisis Management in the Internet/E-Business Era, Teltech, 2000
- What is there to know about a crisis, John Liner Review, Volume 14, No. 4 Winter 2001
- Product Recall: Implications for Business Continuity Planners, John Liner Review, Volume 15, No. 2, Summer 2001
- September 11 Aftermath: Seven Things Your Organization Can Do Now, Disaster Recovery Journal, Winter 2002, Volume 15, Number 1
- The World We Live in: Are You Prepared for Disaster?, Placeware/ConferZone web-based conference series Part I, January 24, 2002, Part II, February 21, 2002, Part III, March 28, 2002
- September 11 Aftermath: Ten Things Your Organization Can Do Now, John Liner Review, Winter 2002, Volume 15, Number 4
- Aftermath September 11th, Can Your Organization Afford to Wait, New York State Bar Association, Federal and Commercial Litigation, Spring Conference, May 2002