Mr. Ramirez is the founder and Publisher of Survival Insights a consulting firm and online educational resource that specializes in all areas of risk and Regulatory Compliance. A Continuity professional with over 30 years of technical and business experience and an expert in developing and implementing Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Emergency Management, Crisis Management, and Information Technology processes. Assists businesses and public agencies in preparing comprehensive continuity plans, this includes conducting a risk assessment, a business impact analysis, as well as documenting, implementing, and testing plans.
Mr. Ramirez consulting experience and focus areas includes: Information Technology, Records Management, Risk Assessment, BIA (Business Impact Analysis), Enterprise Strategy, BC/DR Policy, BCP Awareness Programs, Contract Negotiation/Review, Incident/Crisis Management, Emergency Preparedness, Pandemic Planning, Recovery Site Development & Maintenance, Emergency Operations Center (EOC) Development, Automated Notification Systems, Vendor Management and Project Management.
In addition, Mr. Ramirez has significant experience in disaster recovery testing and in the recovery of companies during actual disaster events that were tied to power failures, flooding and explosion incidents and has served the needs of many of the county governments (parishes) in the Gulf Region.
Mr. Ramirez is well known in the industry as a lecturer and educator. He has conducted training and special presentations for both domestic and international professional organizations, such as the Information Security Systems Associations (ISSA), the Contingency Planning Exchange (CPE), Greater New York Construction User Council, InfraGard, Jefferson Parish, Strategic Research Institute, and International Communications for Management (ICM), Montreal Canada, Japan's Crisis Management & Preparation Organization (CMPO), the Nikkei Company and others.
• Bachelor in Sciences and Liberal Arts - Degree in Education
• International Data Processing Institute - Computer Programmer
• Brooklyn Community College - Computer Sciences / Accounting
• IBM Science Institute - Management & Technical Training
• Digital Corporation Education – Systems and Network Management
• Data Tech Institute – LAN/WAN Disaster Recovery and Management
• Domestic Preparedness – Advanced NBC Awareness Training
• Survival Insights LLC - President, Consulting, Founder Editor
• Enterprise Risk Worldwide, Inc. - CEO - Consulting
• Enterprise Business Continuity, Inc. - CEO – Consulting
• Guardian Life Insurance Company - Consulting, Y2K Planning Committee
• Union Bank of Switzerland - Assistant Vice President - Business Continuity Planning / DR
• Bankers Trust Vice President - Business Continuity Planning / Disaster Recovery
• BOC Group - Contingency Planning Manager
• Citibank - Senior Security Officer, Contingency Planning
• Shearson Lehman Brothers - Assistant Vice President – Business Continuity Planning / DR
• Board member of the Contingency Planning Exchange (CPE) since 1985
• Chair Person of the Contingency Planning Exchange (CPE) 1997, 1998
• Free and Accepted Mason in the State of New York