Lawrie Hollingsworth specializes in mitigation of disasters involving any type of electronics or electrical equipment.
CEO Asset Recovery Technologies, Inc.
CEO The Price-Hollingsworth Company, Inc.
Ms. Hollingsworth is president of two national firms specializing in disaster recovery service and insurance property claims investigation. Ms. Hollingsworth holds a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, (B.S.E.E.), from the University of Florida, (1976) and is a Certified Disaster Recovery Planner,(CDRP).Her graduate and undergraduate areas of specialization were in electronics and integrated circuit design with chemistry and materials sciences concentration. She is the author of a number of articles on disaster recovery planning and management. In addition to her technical activities and business entrepreneurship, Ms. Hollingsworth has held positions of responsibility in financial management and Mergers & Acquisitions,
A 9/11 responder, Ms. Hollingsworth and her firms were mobilized to the Gulf Coast area for Hurricane Katrina recovery assignments.
Thirty years experience in the electronic and computer industry.
Electronic designer/researcher on Army communications projects (E-Systems, St. Petersburg, Florida)
Substation engineering in the area of electrical power transmission for major public utility. (Tampa Electric Company, Tampa, Florida)
Telecommunications engineer at major IBM mainframe site, responsible for over 300 on-line users, and all forms of computer and phone communication including phone systems, modems, terminals, multiplexors, and microwave links.
Phone switch systems designer at GTE. PABX designer of hardware and software.
Machine control and automation designer for Continental Can.
Founder/CEO of a Midwest microcomputer manufacturer; design and manufacturing processes of personal computer board products such as CPU cards, memory cards, floppy disk controller cards, etc.
Telecommunications consulting specialist in modems and telecommunication, network design, - Anderson-Jacobson.
Largest national representative/technical support for California based manufacturer of power protection and power backup equipment.
The Price-Hollingsworth Company, Inc. (PHC)
CEO/Consultant specializing in technical loss investigations and evaluations for property insurance adjusters involving water and smoke damaged equipment and electronics, lightning damage evaluation and so forth. Performing chemical sampling, corrosion evaluations, replacement costs estimates, repair bill audits, etc.
Asset Recovery Technologies, (ART)
ART specializes in the recovery of technology assets such as computers and phone systems and networks, data centers and telephone switch centers, hospital and medical equipment and so forth.
Professional Activities & Certifications:
- C.D.R.P. Certified Disaster Recovery Planner
- Member, U.S. Women’s Chamber of Commerce
- Member National Association of Small Business Contractors
- Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers, (I.E.E.E.)
- Member National Fire Protection Association, (NFPA).
- Member, National Association of Corrosion Engineers (N.A.C.E)
- Has held Confidential level Security Clearances from federal government.
- Licensed Amateur Radio Operator, (HAM), call sign N9RYW.
- Member, Chesapeake Regional Technology Council
- 2008 Multinational Development of Women In Technology, Board Member, Board of Directors
- 2007-2008 Restoration Institute of America, Committee Member
- 2008 Co-Chair, Entrepreneurship Committee Maryland Women in Technology
Teaching and Lecture Activities:
- April 2008 – Lecturer, Property Loss Research Bureau, (PLRB), Conference. Topic: Smoke Damage to Machinery & Electronics and Insurance Claims Issues.
- March 2008 - Lecturer, Maryland Women in Technology (MDWIT) Conference. Topic: Small business- raising capital, funding and cash flow management for woman-owned small businesses.
- March 2008 – Lecturer, Restoration Industry Association, (RIA). Topic: Small Business Cash Flow Management
- On going - property insurance claims training for a variety of Insurance Carriers
- Lecturer at various conferences on small business and finance.
- Lecturer at various national and international Disaster Recovery conferences on planning and recovery of property.
- Congressional Testimony for the House Sub Committee on Small Business, March 2008
- Former adjunct faculty member Triton College, River Forest, Illinois, teaching electronic theory.
Various papers on disaster recovery and engineering.
2008 Enterprising Woman of the Year
2007 Golden Quill Award in Journalism, RIA