Crisis Management International
Tel: (404) 841-3400
Bruce Blythe is CEO of Crisis Management International, Inc., a worldwide organization of crisis management specialists, business continuity planners, and former FBI / Secret Service agents. Widely regarded as a thought leader in the industry, he has worked with hundreds of Fortune companies and other organizations in crisis prevention, preparedness and response. He is a former Marine, certified clinical psychologist, and has served as a consultant to the FBI on terrorism and workplace violence.
Blythe and CMI offered onsite crisis consultations to 204 companies in the aftermath of the September 11 terrorist attacks. He has been personally involved in crises such as the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, the Oklahoma City bombing, Hurricanes Andrew and Katrina, corporate and commercial air crashes, Ecuadorian jungle rescue of kidnap and ransom hostages, Coca Cola truck/bus crash in Texas that killed 23 school children, earthquakes in Los Angeles and San Francisco, and multiple workplace shootings.
Blythe has made repeated appearances on NBC’s Today Show, multiple CNN programs, ABC’s 20/20, CBS’ 48 Hours, CNBC, NPR and many others. Fast Company Magazine published a cover-story article about Blythe and CMI following their response to 9/11 in NYC. He provides frequent commentary in notable publications, such as The Wall Street Journal, Newsweek, Business Week, Smart Money, New Yorker, Fortune Magazine and USA Today.
He is the author of Blindsided: A Manager’s Guide to Catastrophic Incidents in the Workplace, August 2002, published by Portfolio, an imprint of Penguin Putnam, NYC, on corporate crisis preparedness and response. Catalyst Magazine awarded him “Catalyst of the Year 2002”, being recognized for leadership in industry innovations, effective management and excellence in business. He has been a keynote presenter to over 400 national and international conventions and conferences, on subjects related to Strategic Crisis Leadership, workplace violence, corporate crisis preparedness and response, business continuity, the human side of crisis, and negligent failure to plan.
Blythe is a member of:
- NFPA 1600 Technical Committee’s Task Group on Crisis Management
- ASIS International (American Society of Industrial Security): Member of ASIS Crisis Management and Business Continuity Council
- OSAC (Overseas Security Advisory Council)
- DRII (Disaster Recovery Institute International) Educational Advisory Council
- Conference Advisory Council - The Conference Board Conference Chairman: Corporate Security, Business Continuity and Crisis Management
- Association of Traumatic Stress Specialists: Served six years on Board of Directors
- Board of Directors for Safe America
Blythe’s areas of expertise include:
- Strategic Crisis Leadership (for Senior Executives and Crisis Managers)
- Corporate Crisis Preparedness, Response, Team Leadership and Management
- Workplace Violence Preparedness, Threat Management and Hostility Management
- Human side of Crisis and Business Continuity